Vaccinium corymbosum 'Sweetheart' Blueberry
The Sweetheart Blueberry Bush has beautiful white blossoms and sweet large blueberries. In temperate climates, they can produce two bountiful crops in a season.
- Site and Soil: full sun to partial shade and well-drained, acidic soil.
- Pollination Requirements: Blueberries are self-fertile. Plant two varieties for greater fruit production.
- Hardiness: hardy to -15° F.
- Bearing Age: 2-3 years after planting
- Size at Maturity: 4-6′ in height by 3-4′ wide.
- Bloom Time: March-April
- Ripening Time: First crop early June and a second crop in August
- Yield: 15 lbs.
Pests & Diseases: Blueberries are not bothered by significant pest or disease problems. Scare birds away with Mylar Flash Tape or deter them by covering your plants with netting.
USDA Zone: 5-8